Discussion will primarily cover an overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Other topics may include why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP and some resources and assistance available through the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Attendees should have basic mastery of keyboard/mouse skills and familiarity with Internet browsing to best appreciate and benefit from the course.
- Independent inventors/entrepreneurs in the community.
- Rice students, staff and faculty.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online. If you need to cancel your reservation, please send an email to email@example.com, so people on the waiting list can take the class.
- It is your responsibility to notify the instructor if you will no longer be able to attend.
- If you miss a course without notifying staff on the day of the course, your registration for all future courses will be canceled.
- There is no charge.
- Online via Zoom. Links will be sent to registrants in advance.
Zoom (virtual meeting). Links will be sent to registered participants in advance.