The following policy applies to all registrants of Fondren Library's short courses.
Short Course Registration Guidelines
- Faculty, staff, and students at Rice
- Government Information classes offered by Kelley Center like Patents and Trademarks, Census and Microforms courses are free to the public. They do not require a Rice ID or Friends of Fondren Library Membership.
- Friends of Fondren Library members
- All Patron level members ($250) and above
- Staff at academic institutions and nonprofit organizations (Nonprofit Staff Sponsor level - $100)
- Non-Rice students (Non-Rice Student Sponsor level - $100)
- Rice retirees and spouses/domestic partners of Rice faculty/staff/students (Rice Faculty, Staff, or Retiree Sponsor level - $50)
- Limited to the available slots for each course.
- Priority will be granted in order of eligibility listed above.
- You will receive email confirmation immediately upon registering.
- You will receive email directions to the instruction room one business day before the course.
- All computers, software, and training materials will be provided. You do not need to bring anything with you.
- It is your responsibility to notify the instructor if you will no longer be able to attend.
- If you miss a course without notifying staff on the day of the course, your registration for all future courses will be canceled.